Who we are
WeSchool is the leading Italian EdTech Company. We are on a mission to ensure learning never stops, our goal is to empower educators and students, and encourage them to innovate learning by making it more inclusive, collaborative, and engaging.
About this role
We believe that Web3 can make a positive impact on the Education sector, changing how millions of students and teachers learn every day. This is the perfect position if you are fond of Web3 and Education.
We are looking for a Web3 Lead with a very strong business background and a good technical understanding of Web3, to help us with two strategic projects:
- The creation of a Web3 software development course
- The creation of the first Web3-enabled Education marketplace (read: an EdTech marketplace with Web3/tokenized system of incentives)
What's in it for you?
- In the quest to ensure learning never stops, we are focusing our efforts on producing an awesome course on Web3 software development. As a Web3 Lead, you will be working with our senior team members to create the best Web3 introductory software development course out there.
- You will also supervise the creation of the course teaching team, including staff (TAs, tutors, etc), and oversee content creation and delivery quality. You will be partnering with our senior instructional designer to define the syllabus/curriculum for the course.
- You will be working with our senior team members to define the tokenomics, system of incentives, and rules of engagement for the first Web3 Education marketplace.
- You will be in touch with the Web3 ecosystem to define, negotiate and implement business partnerships with DeFi, gaming and NFT players both for the Course and the Marketplace projects.
- An excellent business understanding of the Web3 technologies landscape, including DeFi and tokenomics
- A strong technical understanding of the Web3 technologies landscape, including how dApps, EVM-compatible Layer1 and L2 technologies work
- A strong business development track record (Sales, partnerships, or new businesses roles)
- Ability to attract, hire and inspire team members
- Strong communication (synchronous and asynchronous) skills, both written and oral, and the ability to interface with cross-functional teams
- Native English speakers or C1 level
What we offer
- Full-time Contractor or Employee contract (We are open to both)
- Competitive salary
- +30 days of paid leave
- Full-time remote
- A learning environment where you can build upon your skills and interests, we support you with a yearly personal development budget
- Flat hierarchy where your voice is heard, your views are welcome and appreciated at all levels of the organization
- A diverse, inclusive, and multicultural working environment
We have recently closed a Series A funding round to scale technology and enter new markets.
We provide an online classroom collaboration e-learning platform developed in-house by our Tech team that has enabled 1.7M (20% of) Italian students not to miss school - the other 2 platforms were Google and Microsoft - and to amplify their learning experience by leveraging digital tools during the outbreak of the pandemic in 2020.
We are a young, fast-growing, and fast-paced team that values collaboration and innovation as keys to reaching our mission. Our company is home to almost 50 full-time employees. And we plan to double our team in 2022 to push on our international growth with a full-remote first and objective-based approach.
We gather teams of experts from instructional design, software engineering, course development, educational video production, web marketing, teacher & student engagement.