We are looking for a Senior UX Designer to set the vision for our design team in Milan, lead education's digital transformation and experience design, adopt service design methodologies, support senior roles, and mentor junior teammates.
What you will do:
- Be responsible for designing the behaviour of our interactive products, from overarching interaction models down to detailed micro-interactions
- Plan, prioritise, and deliver interaction design activities autonomously, understanding the goals, business requirements and constraints of the project
- Understand users following UCD methodology: interviews, observations, workshops (online or in-person) and create requirements for products considering both business and technical needs
- Look after the complete lifecycle of a project, from drafting the initial proposal to managing resources and ensuring that the best possible results are delivered
- Generate design solutions, from wireframes, user flow diagrams to interactive prototypes
- Test the solutions with users to validate or find ways to improve the design
- Create document interaction guidelines
- Contribute and collaborate closely with our interdisciplinary teams, including various professionals, from pedagogist to educators, from developers to business strategists.
What you will bring:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working on digital products
- Good knowledge of both spoken and written English
- A university degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Master in UX Design, or a related design or behavioural science discipline
- Highly developed design skills demonstrated in your portfolio
- A solid grasp of user-centred design (UCD), service design, planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas and solutions to teams and customers
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and smartly
- Ability to collaborate and communicate closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly design solutions for approval
- A good eye for details and a passion for beautiful, coherent, and clean UI design
- Up-to-date knowledge of the necessary tools: we use Miro, Figma, Sketch, Invision, Zeplin etc.
- Experience in creating and facilitating Design Thinking and co-creation workshops
- Technical knowledge of the development process for web and mobile apps: we won't expect you to write code, but you will need to be able to dialogue with developers efficiently
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry's latest trends and technologies
Nice to Have
- Experience working in the Educational or EdTech Sector
What we offer
- A multicultural environment where everyone is welcome to express their ideas
- An informal workplace, without badges or dress codes
- An office in the heart of Milan, with plenty of space for both sharing ideas with teammates and for quiet focusing
- Competitive salary based on your experience
- Support for your personal growth with courses and certifications
- The latest Apple laptops and all the tools you need for a highly professional work
- Remote-friendly approach: 3 days at our office in Milan required, Monday and Friday in smart working
- Flexible hours: we won't check if you're at your desk every day at 9 am. We trust people to manage their time in the best possible way
WeSchool is on a mission to ensure learning never stops by empowering educators and students with a more inclusive, collaborative and engaging way of learning.
WeSchool is the leading Italian EdTech company. We have recently closed a Series A funding round to scale technology and enter new markets. We provide an online classroom collaboration e-learning platform developed in-house by our Tech team that has enabled 1.7M (20% of) Italian students not to miss school - the other 2 platforms were Google and Microsoft - and to amplify their learning experience by leveraging digital tools during the outbreak of the pandemic in 2020.
We are a young, fast-growing, and fast-paced team, who values collaboration and innovation as keys to reach our mission. Our Milan office is home to about 40 full-time employees. In addition, we offer remote options for our international growth. We gather teams of experts from instructional design, software engineering, course development, educational video production, web marketing, teacher & student engagement.