Who we are
WeSchool is the leading Italian EdTech Company. We are on a mission to ensure learning never stops, our goal is to empower educators and students, and encourage them to innovate learning by making it more inclusive, collaborative and engaging.
What's in for you
As we are expanding our Engineering Team, we are looking for a passionate Senior Frontend Developer who is excited about shaping the future of Education.
Our Engineering team has accelerated its growth following the 2020 Series A round.
Some of the technology challenges we face at WeSchool are related to:
- Real time collaboration: development of highly interactive front-end components that allow students and teachers to work in groups and communicate
- Scalability: scale and optimize our software with 2 million registered users
- Big data analytics: AI-based features that suggest to the student and teacher what are the most effective contents and learning methods
Together with the Product Team, our goal is to make the user experience increasingly user-centered and frictionless.
WeSchool is creating a technical support area that is capable of handling the technical needs of the entire company; this area will contribute greatly to optimizing internal processes through technology.
We expect you to be:
- Expert in designing scalable and maintainable interfaces that achieve high performance
- Expert in the technologies we have used to develop our platform
- Capable of co-creating improvements with all team members and with the product area
- Able to communicate effectively with all team members
- Curious and passionate software development
- 5+ years of work experience as a software developer
- Excellent knowledge of HTML5, CSS / SASS
- Excellent knowledge and experience with React
- Good knowledge of SOLID principles and MVC development patterns
- Good knowledge and experience with both relational and non-relational documental and key / value databases
- Experience and passion for testing
- Experience in pair programming and code review
- Experience with free / open-source projects
- Experience with styled components
- Good knowledge of typescript
- Good knowledge of Native React
- Good knowledge of another object-oriented or functional programming language
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with asynchronous event programming
- Experience with AWS cloud services
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- +30 days of paid leave
- Full-remote (with availability to be in the office for the onboarding process and when needed during the collaboration)
- A learning environment where you can build upon your skills and interests, we support you with a yearly personal development budget (up to € 1200 / year)
- A diverse, inclusive, and multicultural working environment
We have recently closed a €6.4 million Series A funding round to scale technology and enter new markets.
We provide an online classroom collaboration e-learning platform developed in-house by our Tech team that has enabled 1.7M (20% of) Italian students not to miss school - the other 2 platforms were Google and Microsoft - and to amplify their learning experience by leveraging digital tools during the outbreak of the pandemic in 2020.
We are a young, fast-growing, and fast-paced team that values collaboration and innovation as keys to reaching our mission. Our company is home to almost 50 full-time employees. And we plan to double our team in 2022 to push on our international growth with a full-remote first and objective-based approach.
We gather teams of experts from instructional design, software engineering, course development, educational video production, web marketing, teacher & student engagement.